Sunday, April 4, 2010

IBC


I thought that since this semester is coming to an end, I would talk a little about I have been doing. I was part of a program here at BYU-Idaho that is part of my Business Major called IBC, which is short for Inter Business Core. We have eight short weeks in the semester to think of a company, go in front of bankers and/or inverters to get a loan to start up our business and then run it successfully. Then we close it down a week before finals and make sure that we don't have any loose ends. This was no easy task. Then on top of that we still had normal classes with the traditional homework assignments. Even though this was a hard task, I wouldn't change it for the world. My company was called Off the Wall. We specialized in custom home dicore, in other words we customized vinyl and canvas prints. I mostly worked in Human Resources, Scheduling, and streching of the canvas on the frames. The great part of it was that we were very successful on campus as well as off and in our last week we brought in over $3000 in sales. We were also able to pay off our debt to the bank with in 3-4 weeks from the day we were open for business and we still had people coming to purchase more. I have to say this isn't half bad for 23 students. Here is a small video to show what we did.

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to see what goes on in IBC! Thank you for sharing, and what a beautiful baby! Congratulations!!!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete